Accounting teacher responsibilities include;
- Teach course in the discipline area of accounting
- Develop and design curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensure student engagement
- Provide tutoring and academic counseling to students, maintain class related records, and assess student coursework
- Collaborate and support colleagues regarding research interests and co-curricular activities.
You will be responsible for preparing and teaching a wide variety or accounting courses that make up the accounting portion of the accounting major, as well as advising accounting majors toward academic, career, and overall success.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate and/or graduate students on topics such as financial accounting, principles of marketing, and operations management.
- Evaluate and grade student’s class work, assignments, and papers.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Salary: the average salary of an accounting teacher in the UK is £58,500/year.
Check Accounting Teacher Jobs