Travel agent responsibilities include;
- Planning and selling transportation, accommodations, insurance and other travel services.
- Cooperating with clients to determine their needs and advising them appropriate destination, modes if transports, travel dates, costs, and accommodations
- Providing relevant information, brochures, and publications to travelers.
travel agents are meant to plan, organize, and conduct long distance travel, tours, and expeditions for their clients. In addition to helping with the travel plans, you will assist your clients in choosing their destination, transportation, and lodging and inform travelers of passport and visa requirements, rates of currency exchange, and import duties.
- Plan and sell transportation, accommodations, insurance, and other travel services
- Cooperate with clients to determine their needs and advise them appropriate destination,, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs and accommodations
- Provide relevant information, brochures, and publications to travelers
- Book transportation, make hotel reservations, and collect payment/fees
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints or refunds
- Proven work experience as a travel agent
- Excellent knowledge of computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travelling
- Fluency in English; multilingualism is a plus.
- Strong sales skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively
- Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel trends
- Degree in hospitality, travel, tourism, business, or relevant field
- Personal travel experience will be considered an advantage
Salary: the average salary of a travel agent in the UK is £20,500/year.